Wednesday, April 19, 2017

A nice thought from Ether

According to the prophet Moroni, the last words written by the prophet Ether were "Whether the Lord will that I be translated, or that I suffer the will of the Lord in the flesh, it mattereth not, if so be that I am saved in the kingdom of God.  Amen." 


Maybe this is a good thought that we can use to cheer ourselves up during the downtimes?  For example, I have health problems, but, it "mattereth not, if so be that I am saved in the kingdom of God."  I have financial problems, but, it "mattereth not, if so be that I am saved in the kingdom of God."  I have job problems, but, it "mattereth not, if so be that I am saved in the kingdom of God." 


At the end of the day, or, should I say, at the end of our lives, many of the affairs that we spend most of our time worrying about during our mortal lives (jobs, money, prestige, honors of the world) will matter very little, as long as we attain our main goal of the kingdom of God.  In fact, perhaps when we cross over to the other side, we will feel ashamed that we spent so much time focused on earthly matters that don't account for much in the eternal scheme of things. 


Ok, I know this is a bike blog, but, perhaps I can interject some spiritual thoughts from time to time from my scripture study.  I try to read an hour a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another worthwhile scripture

Treasure up in your minds continually the words of life.  Doctrine and Covenants 84:85